1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
–Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.
2. There are four levels:
–The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
–Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
–Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
–Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
7. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your library books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
****You do NOT need to review your books. That is optional.****
I love my public library. It’s got a pretty decent selection and it recently underwent renovations doubling the size which means they got more books! Whenever I hit up the library, I usually leave with a bag or two full of books and some confused looks from librarians and other patrons. A few weeks later, I’m back to return the books and check out another couple bagfuls.
When I discovered this challenge, after telling myself that I wasn’t going to sign-up for any more, I knew that I had to sign-up for it. For starters, I technically didn’t have to review for this challenge, but obviously the books that I checked out could be used for other challenges so they typically did get a review of some sort.
Anyways, I signed-up for the super size me level hoping that I would be able to reach it in just a few months. I made a little over a quarter of the way there, which (considering I only had a quarter of the year to do it) is pretty good in my book. :-D
Final Count: 27 of 100
- 2010-11-26 “The Islands of the Blessed” by Nancy Farmer
- 2010-11-22 Peter Pan: The Backstory (Peter and the – Starcatchers, Shadow Thieves, Secret of Rundoon, Sword of Mercy)
- 2010-11-19 “The Sea of Trolls” and “The Land of the Silver Apples”
- 2010-11-17 The Castle Corona, Elixir, and The Wheel of Darkness (only The Castle Corona)
- 2010-10-16 Inkheart Trilogy and “The Thief Lord” (Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath, The Thief Lord)
- 2010-10-01 “Next” and “Congo” by Michael Crichton
- 2010-09-23 “Jurassic Park” and “The Lost World” by Michael Crichton
- 2010-09-18 The Elenium Trilogy by David Eddings (The Diamond Throne, The Ruby Knight, The Sapphire Rose)
- 2010-09-08 “Septimus Heap” by Angie Sage (Magyck, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren)
- 2010-09-06 Three Cornelia Funke Books (Igraine the Brave, When Santa Fell to Earth, Dragon Rider)
- 2010-09-12 My sign-up comment.