From the challenge site:
I was planning to do a Dystopia challenge and couldn’t find any that I actually liked online because it’s rare I come across someone else who likes or loves Dystopia such as I do, I wanted to join in on a challenge. So instead I’ve created my own!
The Dystopia Challenge starts one minute past midnight, 1st of January 2011 and end the 31st of December 2011 (if you find this challenge later you can still join in though as long as you finish before the end date) so make sure you decide on your books, what level of challenge, and let me know before then!
If you’d like to choose a reading challenge instead to what is set out below then don’t forget to check out some of the other challenges I’m hosting, otherwise read on.
How To Participate
1. Decide which challenge level you’ll be doing (further below) – post-apocalyptic is also allowed seeing as they cross over sometimes..
2. Grab the code for the badge down below and post it on a side bar or in a signature (if you want to participate, but aren’t blogging, don’t have a social network profile or aren’t on a forum – Submission For Non Bloggers).
3. Create your own post to let all your readers know you’re taking part in the challenge and at what level (if you’re really proficient you can list your books!). Make sure to link back to this page with either one of the buttons or a text link..
4. Use the link form below to enter into the challenge by sharing your challenge post url and your name (either your name, blog name, or both).Please don’t use the comment form to participate, only to comment on the challenge or something else..
5. Submit your reviews (if you choose to review them, but that is optional) on the review page.
6. When you’ve completed you’re challenge let us know on the completion post. If you’re using a tag or category I recommend sharing the link back to that so everyone can find them
1. Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
2. Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
3. Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
4. Drone – Choose 50 books to read
5. Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
For extra hard challenges
1. Brainwashed – Choose 76-125 books to read
2. Totalitarian – Choose 126-200 books to read
I’m not sure how many book I have that fit the Dystopian genre, so I chose the “contagion” level. I’m fairly positive that I have enough. :-)