From the challenge site:
Welcome to the fourth What’s in a Name Challenge! This challenge was originated by a young blogger named Annie, who hosted it for two years. When she decided to give up on being the host, I took over the challenge.
I credit this challenge with being one of the prime reasons for my becoming a blogger, so I am thrilled to be its new host.
Here’s How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
* Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
* Books may overlap other challenges.
* Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
* Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
* You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
* You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
On January 1, I’ll publish 7 posts, each with a Mr. Linky (one for each category and one for your wrap-up post), on this blog so you’ll have a place post links to your reviews (bloggers) or leave comments (non-bloggers) as you finish up each category.
To join in, sign up with Mr. Linky below. If you aren’t a blogger, just add a comment. If Mr. Linky ever disappears, either try again later or click on “Email Me” in the side bar and send me your information, and I’ll add the link myself.
EDIT: To use Mr. Linky: put your name or your blog’s name in the top box and the URL (web address) of your blog in the bottom box. If you don’t have a blog, just mention your intent to join the challenge in the comments.
EDIT: It’s never too late to join!
I hope you like the categories! Have fun and good luck.
This challenge just looked fun and I couldn’t pass it up since it was only six books! :-D