Menu

Challenge: Read the Bible 2012

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - Book Reading, Hosted Reading Challenges
Challenge: Read the Bible 2012

I was planning to do this challenge completely solo, but figured I might as well open it up for public consumption.  It’s been a while since I’ve read the Bible and I’ve been wanting to read the beautiful edition that was given to Jaime and me as a wedding present.

For anyone who might be considering doing this challenge with me, please click the picture to go to the new sign-up page!

Read the Bible 2012

Read the Bible 2012

Occasionally Important Information:

Entry: Read the Bible 2012
Entry: All the Books of Pern Challenge 2012

10 thoughts on “Challenge: Read the Bible 2012

Alysha DeShaé

Well, if I’m following the rules, I guess I need to post a comment. :-p Oh, and here’s my entry post: http://alyshadeshae.com/2012/01/04/challenge-read-the-bible-2012/

Becca Abel

This sounds interesting, and I have the bible on my kindle that I bought a while back. I will track my progress, but probably not on my blog that i linked… Just following the rules ;)

Alysha DeShaé

I’ll be creating a few posts or pages for this challenge and, if you want, you can keep track in the comments. :-) I’m glad you’re joining, though! I meant to reread the Bible last year when I snagged a copy from Project Gutenburg for my nook, but I never got around to it. I decided that I’m only going to read from the copy my aunt gave me, though. :-)

Abbie

I’m joining, please… I began reading Genesis on Jan 1st this year, and blogging about it; however, the aim of the whole Bible in a year is quite a tough one. I hope I’ll make it!

Alysha DeShaé

Good luck! I know it can be done! I’ve done it before in much less time, but I’m not planning to read straight through this time. :-)

tabitha

I tried to read the bible in a year in 2011 but I didn’t even make it through January. I am trying this again and I am hoping this challenge will help me stay accountable.

Alysha DeShaé

Good luck and welcome to the challenge, Tabitha! I hope you can make it this year! :-D

Shan M

I have been wanting to do this for a while. Glad I found others to share the experience with. Thanks.

Alysha DeShaé

Welcome to the challenge, Shan! Hopefully it will help keep us all motivated. In fact, tomorrow evening I’ll be finishing Gensis, Exodus, and (hopefully) Leviticus. I won’t rest until they’re done! ^_^

Also, if you have a website/blog or maybe a Goodreads account that you’ll be using to keep track of your reading, let me know and I’ll add your link to the blogroll. I’m using both this site and Goodreads, but Goodreads doesn’t list any of the books individually, so I’m using that to keep track of how much of the Bible I’ve read percentage-wise. Only 2% as of right now, by the way… Once you get further along in any book, not just the super long ones, seeing that you’re 53% or 87% helps motivate a lot more than “I only have 400 more pages to go!” Trust me on this.

Anyways, good luck!

Shelby

I’d like to join you. I know it’s half way through the year, but I just decided to try to read it. I’m not Christian and I’ve never read it before so I thought it’d be interesting. :) I’ll be tracking on goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/xlearntoflyx) and my blog.