As with the Sookie Stackhouse books, I’ve had several people recommend the Immortals After Dark series to me. Also like the Stackhouse books, I’ve yet to be interested in reading them based on the descriptions. But what the heck, I can always use some cotton candy. :-p Again, I’m going for the Hungry For More level to get them all out of the way as quickly as possible.
Welcome to the Immortals After Dark Reading Challenge hosted by Darlene’s Book Nook!
Although I hosted this challenge for 2012, I did not make any headway in this series. So, I’m going to host it again for 2013!
The books in the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole are:
- The Warlord Wants Forever (Book #1)
- A Hunger Like No Other (Book #2)
- No Rest for the Wicked (Book #3)
- Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night (Book #4)
- Dark Needs at Night’s Edge (Book #5)
- Dark Desires After Dusk (Book #6)
- Kiss of a Demon King (Book #7)
- Deep Kiss of Winter (Book #8)
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Book #9)
- Demon from the Dark (Book #10)
- Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Book #11)
- Lothaire (Book #12)
- MacRieve (Book #13) – expected release in 2013
This will also include the new spin-off series, The Dacians:
- Shadow’s Claim(Book #1)
Please read below for the challenge guidelines.
Immortals After Dark Reading Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. You can join the challenge at any time, whether you haven’t yet started the series or are already halfway through. As the challenge host, I reserve the right to extend the challenge period!
- You can join the challenge at any time! All books read in 2013 count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
- This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
- You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
- All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (as long as they are unabridged).
- There are four levels for the challenge:
- Level 1 “Just A Drop”: Read 1-4 books in the series.
- Level 2 “A Small Bite”: Read 5-8 books in the series.
- Level 3 “So Thirsty”: Read 9-12 books in the series.
- Level 4 “Hungry For More”: Read 13-14 books in the series!
- When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up but you cannot go down!
- There will be a separate linky for your review, which will be posted on THIS page at the beginning of the year.
- There will be a linky for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
- Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
- Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Paste this HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar: <a href=”http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/11/immortals-after-dark-reading-challenge.html”><img alt=”Immortals After Dark Reading Challenge” src=”http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mytVH_j8GIg/TwHmYXdFm6I/AAAAAAAAB_A/90lS2PKV4J0/s400/Immortals+After+Dark+Challenge.jpg” width=”190″ /></a>