I am 26 years old and happily engaged to the most wonderful man alive! I’m the oldest of four children. My sister Karen is 24; my brother Joseph is 16; my brother Jackson is 9. My parents are still mostly happily married to each other and have every intention of staying that way. :-p I come from a very large and fairly close extended family. I am somewhat strange, and while I may seem a bit random to the average person, I’m usually not. I know exactly how I got to a certain conclusion, result, or thought, it’s just almost impossible to explain it to “normal” people! I’m very smart (no offense meant to the dumb people that I know are out there) and I love learning new things.
Major Pet Peeve
I hate chatspeak, misspellings, and improper grammar. If you do choose to participate in a conversation on this site, please do so in proper English. I can understand a few mistakes, but I honestly cannot understand a message that is filled with:
som ppl jst hav n rSpect 4 d eng lngwij & wiL uz NE chaNc 2 dstroi it. DIS sort of tng driVz me ^ d wall & shud not b tolerated.
Ugh, how annoying is that?! I actually had to find a website that would translate normal text into that garbage. I used transL8it! and if I hadn’t written the original message, I would have no clue what that says. As it is, even knowing what it is supposed to say, I still have trouble deciphering it! On the other hand, though, I love smiley faces! ;-)
Some Random Facts
- I am completely deaf in my right ear. There’s no interesting story, I was just born that way.
- I love reading and I love books! I think that even if I was never able to read another book, as long as I was able to own as many as I want, I would be happy.
- My bestest friend in the whole widest world was my first “real” boyfriend. He’s also the love of my life and the man I’m going to marry on January 1, 2011.
- I love music of all types. I will listen to almost anything provided that it doesn’t horribly offend me somehow. (And it takes a lot to horribly offend me.)
- Unfortunately, I don’t speak French, but it is a language that I will learn and I love the way the words look. Also, my dad’s side of the family is Cajun. :-D