Yesterday evening I cooked dinner for my husband. This is extremely unusual, I know. So, I’m sharing the recipe! I sort of adapted what my mom told me to do since her instructions left my first attempt kind of bland. (Sorry, mom!)
Naturally, I named my yummy chicken after myself! :-p
Recipe: Lishy’s Baked Chicken
Summary: An extremely simple recipe for yummy baked chicken!
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- thawed chicken pieces
- Put the butter in a microwaveable bowl and melt.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice to the melted butter and mix. (Add more Worcestershire sauce or lemon juice if needed.)
- Sprinkle some Slap Ya Mama seasoning over the mixture and stir in.
- After rinsing chicken, put in zip lock back, pour in mixture, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Let it sit longer to soak in more flavor.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the chicken and butter mixture into the glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle a small amount of Slap Ya Mama’s over the chicken.
- Bake for at least 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken at thickest part is 180°.
This recipe has not been timed for a whole chicken.
Preparation time includes the time you’re going to let your chicken marinate in the butter mixture.
The amount of Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice is variable depending upon tastes. Slap Ya Mama’s can be substituted with your preferred seasoning.
You can alternatively put the chicken into the bowl with the butter mixture, but it doesn’t soak up the flavor as well that way.
Preparation time: 40 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
I was feeling a bit confident after my chicken came out of the oven and decided to experiment a bit with some canned creamed corn. I threw two cans into a - Well, let me just share my recipe.
Recipe: Lishy’s Awful Corn Experiment
Summary: Do not try this corn! Ever! You’ve been warned!
- 2 cans of creamed corn
- Worcestershire sauce
- Slap Ya Mama’s seasoning
- Empty both cans of corn into a microwaveable glass bowl.
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add a dash of Slap Ya Mama’s seasoning.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Microwave for 4 minutes.
Apparently, when a can of corn says “season to taste” it doesn’t mean the same thing in the South as it does everywhere else. When we see “season” we think Tony’s and Slap Ya Mama’s. This is where I went wrong. The can apparently meant plain old salt and pepper – yes, I know that technically those are seasons, but not down here!
Also, I added the Worcestershire sauce because I like the way it smells. Just an FYI in case you were curious. ^_^
Leave out the Slap Ya Mama’s and this might be palatable.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 minute(s)
I’m going to give the corn another try in the future with just the Worcestershire sauce and maybe some salt and pepper. For now, though, I’m going to hold off on these crazy experiments!
For the record, this meal represents the first time I’ve ever altered a recipe without asking my mom (or another experienced cook) for advice and instructions. I’m just pleased that the main course came out so well. ^_^